Monday, November 2, 2015

Why?

I guess we all have our pet peeves. Well, I have a huge one in my crossing guard world. It is very chaotic & a mess in the morning & afternoon in front of Wolman Elementary. Cars turning right everywhere, people trying to turn left, people crossing in the crosswalk, honestly, just chaos!

I am all for people walking, jogging, running or whatever. But may I ask, why would you decide to run right in front of the school during drop-off or pick-up hours? Honestly. I really would like to know this. There is not a crosswalk in the driveway of the school. There are cars coming in, there are cars going out, yet people run/walk/jog right there! It really does mess things up. The two crossing guards out front are directing traffic & people in four different lanes. We have to leave our positions to come stop traffic where we don't normally stop traffic, just so that these walkers/joggers/runners can cross where they aren't supposed to. This could be a disaster! For the jogger/walker/runner if they decide to go without our help, for the cars turning in & out for having to stop where they aren't looking for a crossing guard or don't normal stop, & for the crossing guards nerves at avoiding an accident. It just really makes me nervous.

I would have two suggestions. Either walk/run/jog before or after the drop-off/pick-up times to avoid the traffic, or else walk/run/jog somewhere else other than in front of the school. Cross the street at N. & S. Firethorne & walk/run/jog behind me! On the opposite side of the street. You won't have to worry about traffic there. Firethorne is a huge development, I'm sure other routes would be fine.


If you know anybody who is guilty of this, please mention this alternative. It would really help.

Thanks & have a great day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment